www.whereyoucan.im is a website managed by the Isle of Man Government.
In these terms and conditions 'we' and 'us' mean the Isle of Man Government. References to the Isle of Man Government in these terms and conditions include, where appropriate, references to any Department or Statutory Board (as defined in the Interpretation Act 1976) and to any person or body of persons holding office under the Crown in right of the Isle of Man.
This website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions of Use. This version of the Terms and Conditions takes effect from 1st July 2005.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Isle of Man. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Manx courts.
Updates and modifications will be made to these Terms and Conditions of Use from time to time. Please ensure you check these Terms and Conditions of Use each time you access or use this site.
In interpreting these Terms and Conditions of Use:
- the use of the singular includes the plural and the use of the plural includes the singular;
- it is not intended that the headings should be taken into account; and
- an “Associated Business” means a business assisting the Isle of Man government in the provision of the goods and services for which the government is responsible, which businesses include without limitation:
- in respect of development and hosting of this site: Intelligence Ltd, Quay House, South Quay, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 5AR, British Isles, Tel: +44 (0)1624 640400 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Economic Development Social Media Policy
The Department of Economic Development has a number of social media channels that we use to share, inform and engage with our target audience. In order for the Department to continue to use this method of communication it is important that all users follow this social media policy.
- Messages that name or identify any specific Government worker may be removed by the page admin
- Irrelevant content and spam may be removed by the page admin
- Foul language and offensive comments can be removed by the page admin
- Posts that contain factually incorrect information may be removed by the page admin
- Show respect for other users’ views and opinions
- The admin has the right to remove or block users who persistently break the above rules
How the Department of Economic Development will use social media channels:
- The page is a tool for discussion and is encouraged as such, however all comments will be reviewed and monitored and responses are at the discretion of the page admin
- The administrator will respond to any questions or queries that are sensible and within the Department’s knowledge and scope
- The page is not a form of Propaganda and is instead a tool to inform the audience of facts and the latest news from the Department
Please note that your comments and messages may not be read by the relevant sector representative, however they will be monitored by the page administrator and passed on when relevant. For this reason it may be better to contact the sector directly.
As a government department we have to be extremely careful about the content that we publish, so as not to be bias to one person / organisation and so please don’t be offended if we don’t repost something you have asked us to.