The Department of Economic Development is committed to working with local businesses to increase jobs and diversify the economy.
- Over 120 jobs created by Micro Business Grant Scheme since 2014
- Over £1million grant money given to small Isle of Man businesses since 2012
- Over 500 local companies supported by grant funding since 2012
- Over £18m invested into local companies since 2011 via the Financial Assistance Scheme
During 2016 we have a number of local initiatives to ensure the Island remains competitive and nurtures skills and talent here at home.
Key projects this year:
- £50m Enterprise Development Scheme to invest in on-island businesses looking for additional funding and investment.
- Apprenticeship schemes in ICT and Financial Services to increase the opportunities for entering these important sectors for the Island’s economy.
- Reviewing and updating work permit legislation to ensure local businesses can access the additional support they need to grow their business.
- Working with the Cabinet Office to co-ordinate the MONEYVAL visit to demonstrate the Isle of Man’s commitment to transparency and best practice in our Financial Services sector.
- Upgrading online systems for the Central Registry and Tourism Sector to ensure efficient and easy access for local people and industry.
- Working closer with industry bodies to drive projects that will enhance education, business support and jobs creation on the Isle of Man.
The Department wants to support your business on the Isle of Man. We have worked with a number of local companies who have benefitted from the support we offer and have grown their business as a result. Whether it’s guidance on writing a business plan, advice on skills, funding for research and development or assistance with an event, we are here to help.
How you can get involved
The Department is striving to assist local businesses with the information, guidance and funding required to drive growth and create jobs on the Isle of Man. Our Business Development team are on hand to speak to you and your business to discuss opportunities on and off-island. Click here to find out more information on business support available.
On-Island Newsletter Sign Up
If you would like to receive our newsletter specifically for on-Island businesses, employers and employees, please click the sign up button below.
- Receive updates on the local economy
- Keep up to date with new legislation and policies
- Get information on new initiatives, funding and opportunities