Isle of Man Aviation Sector
The Isle of Man has established itself as an important one-stop shop for global aviation business, particularly with regard to the registration of private and corporate jets.
Why Isle of Man for Aviation?
Benefits of registering an aircraft in the Isle of Man:
- High regulatory standards
- Consistently high service levels and award winning international reputation
- Growing cluster of on-Island aviation-related businesses
- Neutral Nationality registration prefix allocated by the ITU and notified to ICAO
- Secure mortgage register
- No insurance premium tax
- European time zone
- Professional infrastructure with experience in aviation finance
- Clear and simple taxation regime
- Stable legal and political environment
The Isle of Man Aircraft Registry was established to provide a customer focused service for the registration of high quality private and corporate jets and high quality twin turbine-engine helicopters. As the largest dedicated corporate aircraft register in Europe, the Registry offers high international standards and a competitive scheme of charges.
The Isle of Man’s aircraft registration prefix nationality mark is the easily recognisable ‘M’ followed by a hyphen and four characters. We enable our clients to fly with creative registrations as individual as they are, with examples such as M-AGIC , M-YJET and M-IDAS. Aircraft owners may also transfer their personal registration to their next aircraft.
Find out more about the services and benefits of the Isle of Man Aircraft Registry.
Aviation – An Island Enterprise
The Isle of Man Aircraft Registry represents just one part of a vibrant and supportive ecosystem of specialist aviation businesses and services on the Island, enabling clients to register, mortgage, manage and form ownership structures for their aircraft.