Isle of Man Aviation Sector
The Isle of Man has established itself as an important one-stop shop for global aviation business, particularly with regard to the registration of private and corporate jets.
Why Isle of Man for Aviation?
- Aircraft Registry offering high service levels and a quality international reputation
- Growing cluster of aviation-related businesses
- High regulatory standards
- Neutral Nationality registration prefix
- Secure mortgage register
- No insurance premium tax (6% in UK)
- European time zone
- Professional infrastructure with experience in aviation finance
In addition to registration, Isle of Man financial institutions are conducting mortgages, lawyers are registering mortgages for foreign banks and corporate service providers are forming new structures to own and manage locally registered aircraft.
The Isle of Man Aircraft Registry has helped drive this success with an approach based on its customer focus and its ‘safety with service’ ethos.
The Isle of Man’s aircraft registration prefix nationality mark is ‘M’ followed by a hyphen and four characters. The combination of M and four characters has already produced some interesting registrations such as M-AGIC, M-YJET, M-IDAS and M-ONEY. Aircraft owners may also transfer their personal registration to their next aircraft.