The Manx BioMed sector is a thriving sector, currently comprising of 11 companies involved in a wide range of areas from the manufacture of medical devices and clinical drug development to regulatory affairs and compliance and audit. The sector employs more than 100 staff, a 13% annual growth in jobs since 2013. Members of the ManxBioMed cluster work closely to develop their own business and growth and the success of the sector.
Why choose the Isle of Man for BioMed?
The level of interest in the Isle of Man that has been shown by BioMed companies looking to relocate has been encouraging. In the past three years, the Island has hosted more than 50 visits.
The Isle of Man is increasingly being recognised as a location of choice for BioMed business for a number of reasons:
- Well-established cluster of Manx Bio-Med companies
- Supportive and accessible Government
- High quality infrastructure and data hosting
- Well established and experienced manufacturing base
- Educated workforce
- Financial assistance for start-ups and relocations
- Competitive tax regime (neutral corporate tax regime) (no tax on capital gains or dividends)
- Quality of life.