ISLEXPO: An Inviting Prospect
05 May 2016
As President and Head of Marketing for the Isle of Man Business Network (“IOMBN”) I am delighted that we will be launching the ISLEXPO conference with a free breakfast event - Vision 2020: an Update on the Island's Economic Strategy.
A vital part of my role at the IOMBN is to operate in partnership with both the Island’s businesses and the Isle of Man Government. ISLEXPO is a great example of this partnership in action. Simply put, Government, working with Island businesses, are not only putting on an event to support the Island’s wider business community, but also to help foster new investment in the Island. ISLEXPO will showcase the best of what the Isle of Man has to offer to on and off-island audiences - it is great to be involved.
Previous bloggers in this series have written about why ISLEXPO is important to them. For me, from an industry perspective, this event is important and exciting for so many reasons. Part of what really captures my attention is the breadth and depth of appeal this event has.
• ISLEXPO will bring both domestic and international businesses together, an unmissable networking opportunity if it were that alone.
• The conference is also an important stepping stone towards Vision 2020, the Isle of Man’s economic route map to grow the economy and will provide insight into the steps being taken to pursue this, particularly useful for any Island business with an eye on their surroundings.
• At ISLEXPO delegates will be able to listen and ask questions first-hand about the new Enterprise Development Scheme, a great prospect for any on-Island or off-Island business looking to invest and grow on the Island.
• The training opportunities on offer over the course of the day are unparalleled in the Island’s recent history. The panel discussions, workshops and presentations will be relevant to a variety of sectors. Of particular note for me will be the Digital Garage Workshops from Google and the opportunity to hear from investor and author Jim Mellon, an inspirational business figure.
• Opening the conference is a man who needs no introduction, Sir Chris Hoy MBE. Sir Chris will be speaking about the psychology of success and how principals applied to sport are every bit as valid in the boardroom. I will see you in the front row!
ISLEXPO is shaping up to be the biggest business event in the Isle of Man’s history. It is a great pleasure to be involved and I look forward to meeting colleagues, business associates and friends at the Villa Marina on the 25th May.
Find Out More
Register your place at the Vision 2020 Breakfast, hosted by the Isle of Man Business Network. Please note that registration for the IOMBN breakfast event will automatically include registration as a delegate for ISLEXPO.
Click here for more information on the speakers, events and workshops at ISLEXPO.